Thursday, June 25, 2015

Daughter's College Graduation

I returned to Germany yesterday after spending 12 days in Wisconsin (USA). The very special occasion was my daughter's graduation from Lawrence University in Appleton, WI, but most of the time was spent in Sheboygan, my hometown where my parents still live. The first weekend was graduation, and on the second Saturday my parents hosted a really nice party for her with family and family friends.

Lawrence University Chapel, Appleton, WI

Main Hall - My daughter's great-grandfather, grandparents, and parents
all attended classes here as she did!*
*My daughter is actually a fifth-generation Lawrentian, as the college her great-great-grandmother attended, Milwaukee-Downer College, merged with Lawrence in the 1960s.

Warch Campus Center

Lawrence is a beautiful campus, and it's always a joy to return for a visit - especially since my daughter started studying there! She earned her B.A. in German and Psychology and is headed next to graduate school at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.

The graduate, her little brother, and her proud mom

My daughter's support team and fan club
My parents are on the left.
I enjoyed the time I was able to spend with my children, my parents, and my two best friends. M had to stay behind because of work (contrary to popular belief, being a business owner does not mean one gets to leave whenever one wants to), so I was also glad to return home yesterday. I will write another post in a few days about the trip in general after I shake off the jet lag, but I wanted to explain why I have not written anything since early June.

Bis bald...




No comments:

Post a Comment