Saturday, March 31, 2018

Three Days, Three Quotes Challenge - Day 1

I think February and March are slow months for expat bloggers. The weather and drabness keeps us inside - I certainly don't have any desire to take a day trip anywhere - and photos during this time don't bring much beauty or pleasure. That leaves us with little to write about, hence the long pauses between my posts lately.

But then along comes a challenge where another blogger tags you, and you suddenly have a reason to write again!

I was nominated for this quotes challenge by Bev at Confuzzledom, who is a Brit working for a German company and living in Switzerland! She is a good writer, an avid reader, an accepter of challenges, and a talented cross-stitcher. We've never personally met, but we seem to have a fair bit in common, and I always enjoy her posts.

Here are the rules of the challenge:

  1. Thank the person who nominated you - Asante sana, Bev!
  2. Post a quote for three consecutive days (1 quote each day).
  3. Nominate three bloggers each day.
I love a good quote, and I am one of those who marks my books by underlining or putting an X in the margin near an especially good line. I also remember lines from movies, and M and I frequently drop a quote from a familiar film that fits the current situation or incident. Any time one of us drops something, out comes Braveheart: "Ye drlopped yer rock."  (that's not a typo; I'm trying to capture the Scottish roll of the R)  In darker moments, when one of us wonders aloud, "but what if...?" the other says, "Dann hamma koin Stress mehr," a paraphrase from Schuh des Manitu.

For today's quote I've gone with a line from a celtic song we both really like, "Come by the Hills." 

Photo credit: M (2010)
The lyrics were written by Gordon Smith, and it's been performed by many singers and groups. I have found no version of it that I like better than the one I first heard - performed by Iain Thomson, Mull's Singing Shepherd, though his recording is not available online. 

The photo I chose is one of our favorites from the Isle of Mull. And look, Bev! I sort of figured out (with some help from M) how to put a quote on a photo! :-)

My nominees for today, should they choose to accept, are:


1 comment:

  1. Aah, I knew you would figure it out. If I can do it anyone can :-)

    A great quote as well.

    ReplyDelete