In an attempt to get back my sense of humor, I thought I'd offer a few confessions.
In the last few days or weeks, I may or may not have...
- ...published a blog post I really liked about my favorite island, only to discover while I was looking for something else in my archives that I had already published a post about the island in October. No wonder I couldn't find the draft I'd thought I'd written.
- ...regifted (to the Sternsinger and my students) some of the candy from M's and my Adventskalender because we couldn't eat that much chocolate every day!
- ...let loose an audible anguished groan upon noticing the sixth mistake/typo in 12 pages of what appears to be a printed copy of the E-book version of an American classic I've been longing to read, which I ordered from Amazon. Good my lord, who types these things?!?
- ...fished a piece of tin foil out of the gelber Sack (I'd only put it in there 2-3 minutes before) to reuse on the leftovers headed into the refrigerator. If you were a Swabian, you'd understand.
- ...written two scathing emails to two different people on the same day and then jetisoned them both because some people are just too stupid to bother with.
- ...spent €101 on home decorations (2 pillow covers, 1 small table cloth, and 6 placemats) because they had owls on them and I love owls. I was disappointed in the quality of what arrived. And I had to spend €10 on pillows to go into the pillow covers.
- ...apologized to M for spending €111 on useless, cheap (but kind of cute) owl crap in the same month that he made an additional house payment.
- ...left a stove burner on level 4 all night after boiling potatoes at 22:00 for the next day's Bratkartoffeln. M found a nice warm kitchen when he went for his coffee the next morning.
- ...celebrated silently because I have a 3-week break from one of my volunteer jobs. I want to like the work but don't.
- ...had a conversation with M about the gender of the German word for orgasm. Masculine, feminine, or neuter: one guess, folks.
- ...lost this entire blog post after it was nearly finished because I had unplugged the network cable to sit in the living room to write, got an error message when I tried to add a photo that wouldn't go away even after I plugged in again, and hit the big red X because I was too proud to ask M to fix my problem for me.
- ...apologized to M for bitching about losing my blog post when I could have asked him for help before hitting the big red X.
- ...eaten an entire package of licorice I brought back from the States. Apparently I miss licorice. And now it's gone.
- ...thrown a semi-major hissy fit because my Nexus required a system update and now everything looks different. I HATE change!!!
|Owl in the center isn't new - he traveled in my suitcase from the U.S.|
when I moved here.
Ok, fellow bloggers and dear readers - what are your mid-month (or end-month...whatever) confessions?!? Let's liven up this dull season.