Quoting from another nominee whose blog I read, Dubliner in Deutschland: "A Liebster Award is a way for smaller blogs to get some recognition in the blogging sphere. It's also a little like chain mail - someone nominates you and at least 4 others, and they each answer questions made up by the initiator and then nominate at least 5 more bloggers in turn sending them new questions to answer and on and on it goes around the internet world! Liebster actually comes from the German word for 'beloved'."
Although I never could stand chain mail and always threw caution to the wind and tempted fate as I tossed the letter into the trash, I think this Liebster Award is a nice idea within the blogger community. So here we go...
Confuzzledom's Questions and my Answers:
1. What is the best book you've read so far in 2014?
I love questions about reading! Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett is my favorite of the year, though one I'm reading now, die Zarentochter, is fixing to challenge it.
2. What is your favourite food to eat in autumn/winter?
Well...I don't like pumpkin at all, though it seems Germans love it as much as the springtime weißer Spargel. I'd have to go with anything in the "Wild" category - venison or wild boar, typically. Alternatively Lamb Stew.
|Kitzrücken - yum!|
3. Where was the last place you travelled to?
The last place that required more than an hour's drive was a fabulous trip to Vienna with my Schwiegermutter, and if I waited until Monday to post this, I could say it was France (the Elsass/Alsace).
4. What is your favourite snack food?
Leftover Schnitzel, string cheese (in Wisconsin), yogurt, Jacob's cream crackers with butter or cheese or even plain, ice cream, cheese and apples, bagel and cream cheese, clementines, Emmentaler cheese... Oh wait. Just one favorite? Then cheese.
5. If you could learn any language (and were guaranteed to actually manage it), which would it be?
Italian. If I could throw in a second one it would be Swahili.
Now for my nominations:
Sara at A Different Piece of Sky (though she's on holiday at the moment - no rush!)
Claire at World Traveler in Training
Around the Wherever
Courtney at Welcome to Germerica
And my 5 to 10 questions:
1. What is your next planned travel destination?
2. In what way/s do you see your home country differently than before you became an expat?
3. Which book that you've read still sticks in your mind as one that left a deep impression on you?
4. What are two of your favorite natural scents or smells (so no perfume or cologne)?
5. What is the funniest thing someone has said to you lately? (provide context if needed)
6. When you look to your right as you're reading this, what do you see?
7. What would you tell your 15-year-old self if you could send a message back in time?