I saw this "Four Things" post on a blog I often read (a Different Piece of Sky - isn't that a lovely title?) and through that writer found several others who did the same thing. They were fun to read, and I thought I'd do one too, especially since I'm in a writer's slump again.
Four Names People Call or Have Called Me
- Bethy Boo (my grandpa called me that)
- Nervous Nellie (friends)
- Betty (only a special select few, because I hate the name)
Four Movies I Have Watched More Than Once
Goodness gracious - just four?! I'm more likely to re-watch a movie I know I like than watch a new one.
- The 13th Warrior
- Nirgendwo in Afrika
- Dances with Wolves
- The Man from Snowy River
Four Jobs I have Had
- Counter Person at McDonald's (can I say "Customer Service Professional"?)
- Cashier & Assistant in a pharmacy
- Customer Service Coordinator at Allied Van Lines
- High School English and German Teacher
|I'm not working here - but I hired Allied to move my stuff to Germany,|
and this was the day they loaded it all up!
Four Books I Recommend
- The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran
- Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett
- Sense and Sensibility, by Jane Austen
- The Razor's Edge, by W. Somerset Maugham
Four Places I've Lived
- Sheboygan, Wisconsin (USA)
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- Horb, Germany
|Horb am Neckar|
Four Places I've Been
- Vienna, Austria
- Berlin, Germany
- Concord, Massachusetts (USA)
- Rome, Italy
Four Places I'd Rather Be
Sorry, this one I really can't do. I am exactly where I want to be.
Four Things I Don't Eat
- Nutella (anything with hazelnut flavor)
- Snails, oysters, or sushi
Four of My Favorite Foods
Four TV Shows I Watch
- The Big Bang Theory
- die Kochprofis
- The Mentalist
- Any Quiz or Trivia Show - especially German ones where I learn something!
Four Things I'm Looking Forward to This Year
- A week on the Isle of Mull and some extra days near Edinburgh
- My daughter's college graduation from my alma mater in June
- Twelve days with family and friends in Wisconsin in June
- Day trips to new towns in Germany
Four Things I'm Always Saying
- "Thank you" or "Danke." (I'm not just being sappy - I say it all the time!)
- "Ich liebe Dich."
- [In answer to "What are you doing?"] "I'm writing an email to your mother."
- "I'm cold."
Four Things I Do Almost Every Day
- Read the newspaper
- Read new blog posts by my favorite expat bloggers
What about you? Pick a category and leave your list in the comments, or write your own "Four Things" post!