- Thank the person who nominated you - Vielen Dank, Bev!
- Post a different quote for three consecutive days.
- Nominate three bloggers each day.
I could complete no quotations challenge without including one of my two favorite writers, Kahlil Gibran. Since my first reading of the Prophet, it has never let me go. Since then I've expanded my Gibran collection, though the first remains my favorite.
Today's quote comes from his chapter on friendship.
I also bought the book in German, and read it often enough to have memorized my favorite bits, including the above quote. To me it sounds equally beautiful in German (I am not one of those who thinks German sounds harsh).
The photos are mine - the sky above our house one day a few years ago, and one of the Rapsfelder (fields of rapeseed) just outside our village.
My nominees today are:
- Adventitious Violet, a Canadian in Scotland
- Kaffee und Kuchen, a Canadian in the Netherlands
- Welcome to Germerica, a US-American in Germany
Happy Easter, Everyone!